Reports to Head Barista
The Barista serves beverages to Bateel guests according to beverage service standards. They will be a brand ambassador, and endeavour to provide exceptional levels of service through a personalised guest experience that aims to delight and exceed customer expectations every time.
- Consistently creates a warm, thoughtful and sincere guest experience through a personalised approach and attention to detail.
- Will go the extra mile to try to understand and anticipate customer needs making every guest feel unique and valued.
- Is prepared to confidently provide solutions to guest queries but will escalate issues where appropriate to the duty manager.
- Gets to know and build a rapport with regular guests.
Service and Operations
- Handle guest orders; preparing drinks beverages as per Bateel standards and making modifications as per guest’s requests.
- Adheres to cash handling and register policies; accurately inputs orders in the Café till system and will assist in cashiering and billing.
- Checks the quality and consistency of food and beverages before they are served.
- Performs all set ups, mise en place, daily checklists and organises the bar (ensuring coffee machinery equipment is functioning and calibrated) before and after the operation of each shift.
- To complete cleaning duties as per cleaning schedules and instructions of duty manager as required.
- Clears tables and plates, glassware etc. when required.
- Adheres to all other service standards and procedures (Manuals / SOP, HACCP)
Sales, Inventory and Administration
- To follow the standards for: merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing bar products
- To maintain bar levels to and avoid any unnecessary wastage.
- To ensures smooth bar operations and high-quality standards.
- Monitors the par stock and inventory in the store.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure standards of merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing bar products.
- To act as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work.
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Maintains the presentation and effectiveness of the café and bar are by proactively ensuring it is clean and organised.
- Ensures that maintenance issues or hazards are escalated to the Manager/Facilities team where appropriate (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
- Adheres to grooming guidelines.
Product knowledge and Selling
- To have full knowledge of all menu and beverage items, ingredients and preparation methods.
- Can confidently discuss all menu items with the guest and assist with guest’s queries in an informative and helpful way.
- Suggests additional and/or alternatives that meet guest’s needs wherever possible.
- Proactively seeks information about the products, recipes and other food and beverages being served in the Café. This includes where applicable, Bateel retail products.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- With no exception will strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in F &B industry
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificates/Diploma
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!