Waiter – Abu Dhabi | Dubai | RAK, UAE
Waiter – Abu Dhabi | Dubai | RAK, UAE
Reports to Café Supervisor
The Waiter(ess) will serve food and beverages to Bateel guests according to service standards. They will be a brand ambassador, and endeavour to provide exceptional levels of service through a personalised guest experience that aims to delight and exceed customer expectations every time.
- Consistently creates a warm, thoughtful and sincere guest experience through a personalised approach and attention to detail.
- Will go the extra mile to try to understand and anticipate customer needs making every guest feel unique and valued.
- Is prepared to confidently provide solutions to guest queries but will escalate issues where appropriate to the duty manager.
- Gets to know and build a rapport with regular guests.
Service and Operations
- Handle guests’ order and accurately inputs orders in the Café till system, adhering to cash handling procedures and cash register policies
- Checks the quality and consistency of food and beverages before they are served
- Efficiently clears tables and plates, glassware etc.
- Notifies the Manager of specific guests’ needs and requests.
- Checks all set ups, and organise the side station before and after the operation of each shift as per side station set up standard
- To complete cleaning duties as per cleaning schedules and instructions of duty manager as required.
- Adheres to all other service standards and procedures (Manuals / SOP, HACCP)
- To act as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work.
- Works to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Maintains the presentation and effectiveness of the café by proactively ensuring their area is clean and organised.
- Ensures that maintenance issues or hazards are escalated to the Manager/Facilities team where appropriate (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
- Adheres to grooming guidelines.
Product knowledge and Selling
- To have full knowledge of all menu and beverage items, ingredients and preparation methods.
- Can confidently discuss menu items with the guest, and assist with guest’s queries in an informative and helpful way.
- Suggests additional and/or alternatives that meet guest’s needs wherever possible.
- Proactively seeks information about the products, recipes and other food and beverages being served in the Café. This includes where applicable, Bateel retail products.
Health and Safety
- Responsible of the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- With no exception will strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality industry
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language with the ability to communicate effectively within a multi-national/multi-cultural environment.
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificates/Diploma
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!