Chef De Partie
Chef De Partie | UAE
Reports to Sous Chef
Oversees the coordination of food preparation and cooking in designated kitchen section. They will ensure the highest quality and consistency of Bateel culinary standards, enforce health and safety regulations and where appropriate supervise junior members of the team. They will work with the Sous Chef and front of house to help limit costs and constantly improve overall customer satisfaction.
Service and Operations
- Prepare and oversee the daily mis-en-place and food production in their section(s) of the kitchen. This includes, cooking of food/ ingredients as per requisitions, enforcing SLA’s, upholding recipes, quality and presentation standards.
- To have full working and up to date knowledge of menu items, recipes and ingredients.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Sous Chef or Area Chef.
- Complete all required checklists for each shift and makes daily production lists for his/her section.
- Checks the cooking process the food (taste, smell, temperature) to make sure the standard has been met.
- Ensures correct storage of all food items in the kitchen.
- Operates kitchen equipment and tools; ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Oversees and participates food preparations for catering, special events or lunch/ dinner services as required.
Inventory and Cost Controls
- Strives to minimise spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control as per operating procedure.
- Maintains effective communication with the Front of House Team pertaining to events, catering, sales forecasting to ensure food par levels are correct.
- Understands and evaluates par levels in his/her section in order to maintain inventories and cost controls.
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Instruct and lead other members of the team through their daily requirements in food preparation.
- In the absence of the Café management, conducts team briefings with all team members to ensure colleagues are informed and up to date with management communications.
- Ensures proper staffing of the Café and arranges cover where necessary.
- Plays an integral part in the training of any new team members.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- With no exception will strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.
- Strictly maintains cleanliness for the whole kitchen operation, including stores, refrigerators and freezers.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the operation by maintaining kitchen organisation, tidiness, cleanliness and that all maintenance issues or hazards are resolved efficiently in a timely manner (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
- Set the example as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work via the following:
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Ensure the adherence to grooming guidelines for themselves and enforcing the same with their team members.
- Ensuring presentation of food, product and quality are as per the guidelines
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience inhospitality industry in similar position
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English language
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificates/Diploma
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!