Commis I | UAE
Reports to Chef De Partie
Supports the overall kitchen operation through the preparation of food for service in his/her designated kitchen section. They will adhere to Bateel culinary and kitchen standards including; the maintenance and cleanliness of kitchen equipment as well as upholding all aspects of health and safety pertaining to back of house operations.
Service and Operations
- Prepares and cooks food/ ingredients as per requisitions, according to the SLA, recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section.
- Complete all required checklists for each shift and makes daily production lists for his/her section in absence of the Chef de Partie.
- Operates kitchen equipment and tools; ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Participates in food preparations for catering, special events or lunch/ dinner services as required.
Inventory and Cost Controls
- Strives to minimise spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control as per operating procedure.
- To monitor the maintenance and serviceability of kitchen tools and equipment and to escalate issues to their superior.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- With no exception will strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations.
- Strictly maintains cleanliness and sanitation in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Reports accident, injuries hazards and unsafe working conditions to their superior.
- To act as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work.
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café; reports to duty punctually, wearing the correct, clean uniform and adhering to grooming standards.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality industry handling similar positions
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificates/Diploma
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!