Demi Chef De Partie
Demi Chef de Partie | UAE
Reports to Chef De Partie
Prepares and cooks food in designated kitchen section according Bateel culinary standards and procedures, ensuring the highest quality and consistency and customer satisfaction.
Service and Operations
- Under directions from Chef De Partie (CDP)prepare daily mis-en-place and food production in their section(s) of the kitchen. This includes, cooking of food/ ingredients as per requisitions and SLA’s, upholding recipes, quality and presentation standards.
- Display working knowledge of menu items, recipes and ingredients.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Chef the Partie / Senior Chef De Partie and Sous Chef
- Assist with completion of all required checklists for each shift and makes daily production lists for his/her section.
- Operates kitchen equipment and tools; ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- To participate in the preparation of assigned lunch and dinner, special functions, and cafe supply
Inventory and Cost Controls
- Works with CDP and Sous Chef to evaluate par levels to optimise inventory and control costs
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- Strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by Bateel , in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.
- Strictly maintains cleanliness for the whole kitchen operation, including stores, refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintains kitchen organisation, tidiness, cleanliness and that all maintenance issues or hazards are resolved efficiently in a timely manner (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
- Set the example as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work via the following:
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Ensure the adherence to grooming guidelines for themselves
- Ensuring presentation of food, product and quality are as per the guidelines
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management)
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a culinary position
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- High School Certificates/Diploma
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!