Steward | UAE
Reports to Sous Chef
Assists the kitchen team to maintain a clean and operational work environment and equipment under the guidance and supervision of the Sous Chef.
Service and Operations
- Follows and carries out official cleaning checklists, maintaining an impeccably high standard of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including floors, walls, kitchen and stewarding areas.
- Follows standard opening and closing guidelines, as per company standards
- Is responsible use and cleanliness of equipment (machinery, dishwashers, equipment and utensils) for all the kitchen.
- Is responsible for maintaining F&B wastage and disposal areas, including dry garbage, fresh food garbage, glass and chemical disposal.
- Is able to coordinate with the front of house in order to undertake any other cleaning duties as required.
- Reports equipment that needs maintenance.
- Endeavors to reduce breakages to minimum by maintaining a well organised, tidy and clean dishwashing section. Takes care of crockery, cutlery, glassware, ensuring that everything is in its designated area
- Records inventory and accounts for daily breakages, using the Cafe's standard form for the monthly inventory and forwards breakage reports on a daily basis.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- With no exception will strictly comply with all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations.
- To handle and correct usage of chemicals, detergents and other equipment/supplies, as per company standard.
- To act as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work.
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café; reports to duty punctually, wearing the correct, clean uniform and adhering to grooming standards
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Hospitality industry
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English Language with the ability to communicate effectively within a multi-national/multi-cultural environment
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!