Area Manager | Jeddah, KSA
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Area Manager is accountable for the efficient management of all the overall Café operation for (more than one) Café in his/her allocated geographical area. They will lead the team to ensure that they are fulfilling operational standards and meeting objectives that further contribute to the financial success and overall customer satisfaction of Bateel Café.
Service and Operations
- To be accountable for the overall smooth and economical running of the entire area with a direct responsibility for product turnover and high quality achieving maximum guest satisfaction.
- To carry out regular visits, both announced and unannounced, to audit compliance with legislative and Company requirements, sanitation, health and safety and to monitor customer service and food quality standards.
- To ensure all SOPs are in place and consistently utilized
- To ensure that all Cafes are well-organised, well-equipped and properly maintained
- To ensure that daily performance and brief reports are in place
- To monitor and report on the Guest Satisfaction Card every month.
- To assist the Operations Manager with the annual planning of food, sales, seasonal menus and marketing promotion.
- To contribute to the development and agreement of restaurant budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor sites and units revenues and costs against budget or forecast on a weekly basis and to instruct remedial action when required. This includes, supervising assigned area, facilities and cost to ensure the maximum food and beverage departmental profit is achieved and to provide justification for anomaliesin sales, COGS, inventory and wastage.
- Actively takes initiative to drive sales for Café Bateel in new and creative ways, , and in particular supports the Catering department where appropriate to participate in public relation activities, sales calls and other promotional activities designed to enhance the image and profitability of the outlet and the Company
- To ensure all departmental reports; sales and marketing plans; schedules; menus; logbooks; inventories; guest comment reports; guest history records and correspondence are completed
- To be responsible for keeping track, and cascade to Operations Manager of Non Conformance Reports.
- To monitor and justifying weekly/monthly Cafe inventories with management and preparing a monthly consolidated report for the Operations Manager.
- To take control of all relevant credits from accounting that are affecting F&B costs.
- To crosscheck, verify and investigate data accuracy provided by cafes after inventories.
- To liaise with cost control to ensure the efficient control of outlet account receivables, monthly inventories, spoilage, wages and credit tips, rectifying with the manager when discrepancies occur.
- Build and motivate an engaged, management team to deliver service standards by ensuring their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Issue their team with objectives using annual KPIs and monitor by providing regular, constructive feedback and training that keeps staff upbeat and engaged (via 121s and yearly appraisals).
- To ensure staffing levels are correct to agreed standards and not exceeded (without prior consultation)
· Contribute to the selection, appointment, induction and training of managers.
· To motivate, coach, counsel and, if necessary, discipline managers in order to achieve the standards of performance.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
· To conduct regular health and safety audits in all stores and to take prompt and effective remedial action to ensure that the restaurants are operating well above the minimum requirements of the brand and Company. To Liaise with Area Chefs on matters of kitchen sanitation.
- With no exception not only complies, but enforces all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.
- To ensure the kitchen, including machines, furniture, equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times, promoting a hygienic and safe environment.
Quality and Brand Standards
- Lead and acts as a brand guardian inside and outside of work.
- Ensure the adherence to grooming guidelines for themselves and enforcing the same with their team members.
- Ensuring the consistent presentation of food, product and quality are as per the guidelines.
- To maintain high standards of quality, service and facilities in all areas of responsibility and authority
- To liaise with the Training Department to ensure that each restaurant receives training and meets the requirements set by the brand and Company.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in F & B industry
· Proficiency in both verbal and written English/Arabic Language
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
· Undergraduate Degree or diploma in a relevant field e.g. hospitality catering.
· KSA Driving License
· Occupational Health Card
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!