Café Manager | Riyadh & Jeddah, KSA
Café Manager – KSA
Manages the Café team and an efficient restaurant operation that provides the highest standard of food and beverage quality, presentation and service standards that aims to delight and exceed guest expectations. Responsible for meeting the Café’s revenue and profitability goals and proactively drives sales to generate revenue growth.
- Ensures a consistentwarm, thoughtful and sincere guest experience is created through a personalised approach and attention to detail.
- Is able to efficiently respond to customer queries and concerns maintaining sensitivity, politeness and professionalism at all times.
- Gets to know and build a rapport with regular guests.
· Co-ordinates and manages the entire restaurant operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house to continually uphold standards of Café performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the Café.
· Oversees the kitchen team to ensure a consistently good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation.
Sales and Budget
- Adheres to Responsible for all Café cash processing and takes over all accountability for monies in the till float, petty cash, cash in hand and additional float.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Café budget is achieved, and cost is strictly controlled; maximising profitability.
· Actively takes initiative to drive sales for Café Bateel in new and creative ways, for instance, participates in public relation activities, sales calls and other promotional activities designed to enhance the image and profitability of the outlet and the Company.
· To continually be abreast with all Company products, services and activities to be able to promote the Gourmet Shops offerings and to be responsive to guest enquiries.
- Where appropriate, keep regular communications and good rapport with the property owner/management.
Inventory, Stock Control and Administration
· Uses extensive knowledge of products, menu items, customers and Café location to estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory and correct par levels.
· Leads on the accurate monthly taking of inventory Café stock.
· Liaises with procurement manager and café coordinator to ensure efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
· Liaises with the accounts department to ensure the efficient control of the cafe account receivables, monthly inventory, spoilage, wages and credit tips.
· Ensures that all departmental reports, sales, schedules, menus, logbook, inventories, guest comments reports, guest history records and correspondence are completed.
- Build and motivate the team to deliver service standards by ensuring their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Monitor performance and provide regular, constructive feedback and training that keeps staff upbeat and engaged (via 121s and yearly appraisals).
- Provide consistent, regular communications with all team members to ensure colleagues are up to date and well informed of Company policies, procedures, special events etc. (via team meetings and briefings).
- Ensure the efficient scheduling of employees that enable the Café to maintain high standards of service. Enforcing the importance of timekeeping and punctuality.
· Responsible for new team members training, allocating them assigned ‘Buddies’.
- Set the example as a Bateel brand ambassador inside and outside of work via the following:
- Working to uphold quality and pride in their work, themselves and their Café.
- Ensure the adherence to grooming guidelines for themselves and enforcing the same with their team members.
- Maintains presentation and effectiveness of the Café by ensuring high standards of food and product quality, equipment, floor organisation, cleanliness and that all maintenance issues or hazards are resolved efficiently in a timely manner (e.g. floors, tables walls, plumbing, equipment/ tools).
- Enforces professional conduct and complies with Café security policies, cash handling and data protection controls.
· Makes recommendations to Management for improvement and upgrading of equipment, service methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction
Health and Safety
- Responsible for the overall accountability of the health, safety and welfare of all guests, colleagues and self at all the times.
- Leads and/ or oversees training and communication all health and safety regulations.
- With no exception not only complies, but enforces all hygiene, sanitation and food safety guidelines as laid out by the Company, in line with local Country Laws, and regulations. This includes food expiration, fire and first aid regulations.
· Deputy Assistant Manager
· Assistant Manager
· Head Baristas
· Delivery Staff
· Head Chef/Sous Chef
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as an Outlet Manager of a casual dining or fine dining restaurant.
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
- Hotel, Restaurant or Hospitality Qualification (minimum of 2 years)
- Fluent in English, Arabic speaker is an advantage but not preferred.
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!