Head Baker | UAE
Reports to: Corporate Production Manager
As a Head Baker you are responsible in performing skilled baking work and supervise a bakery. Work requires initiative and judgment.
- Maintain daily quality standards.
- Maintain the budget of food cost.
- Supervise preparation and ensure the standard recipes are followed at all times.
- To follow and maintain a high standard of personal and food hygiene at all times.
- Carry out the responsibilities: weekly duty roster, daily inventory and purchase orders, dispatch and delegate daily tasks and management of all other daily operations.
- To operate an effective and accurate administration process in order to maintain the standard.
- Communicate to the maintenance department to fix all maintenance requirements and hazards in the workplace.
- To control the departmental expense budget through the year and maintain standard portion controls.
- Plan and supervise the par stock and inventory in the Bakery.
- To follow and prepare production according to the standard recipe.
- Determine whether all staff under his supervision are properly instructed and are able to work to the required standard.
- To continuously perform in the job training and evaluation.
- To supervise and control the preparation of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- To adhere and comply to the bakery production rules, policies and procedures (Manual, SOP, HACCP, Brand Values)
- Maintain a daily and monthly checklist for all bakery sections. Ensure proper follow up to attain maximum quality and efficiency.
- Correct mistakes made by the employees immediately.
- Is responsible for carrying out or delegating all work done in the bakery.
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
· Minimum 12 years’ experience in similar industry
· Proficiency in both verbal and written English
· Food specialist with a proven track record within the respected industry
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
· High School Certificates/Diploma
· Undergraduate Degree
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!