Pastry Chef | UAE
Reports to Executive Pastry Chef
As a Pastry Chef you are responsible in providing assistance to the Executive Pastry Chef to ensure smooth operations and interact with individuals in the section.
· Leads the pastry team in the absence of the executive pastry chef.
· Provides guidance to junior pastry staff members.
· Oversees and organizes pastry stock and ingredients.
· Ensures and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
· Trains new employees to the standards.
· Conduct daily shift briefings to the colleagues.
· Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines.
· Control food stock and food cost in the section.
· Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and standards.
· Works with head chef to maintain pastry organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
· Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
· To be fully familiar with all local Food Hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per Dubai Municipality
Lives and Advocates the Bateel Values:
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems and work processes.
· Minimum 6+ years’ experience in similar industry
· Proficiency in both verbal and written English
· Food specialist with a proven track record within the respected industry
Qualification and Licenses requirement:
· High School Certificates/Diploma
· Undergraduate Degree
If you feel you are the person to fit this role and are looking to join a fast growing organisation please send us your most updated CV!