Full of nutrients, dates have been a staple part of the Middle Eastern diet since ancient times. Dates have an excellent nutritional profile containing carbohydrates, proteins, fibre, potassium, and are an extremely beneficial for female health. Depending on the date variety, the nutritional profile may vary in certain element concentration. Apart from being an excellent substitute for refined sugar, dates can improve the skin, aid in losing weight, reduce belly fat, prevent hair loss, and provide support during pregnancy. Below are some of the top health benefits of dates for women.
- Promote healthy hair and prevents hair loss: Dates are rich in iron, which promotes blood flow to the scalp and benefits hair growth. As a good source of vitamin B5, dates also help to strengthen hair follicles which prevents hair loss.
- Decreased heart disease risk: Dates contain fatty acids, which are considered mostly important for female health. Research shows that high concentration of omega-3 and omega-6 are mostly found in jujubes (Chinese red date), which makes such date variety nutritionally interesting, as such acids can only be obtained from food. Omega acids are known to reduce the risk of heart attack, inflammation and beneficial specifically for women’s health –protecting from osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reduce bloating: Dates are rich in fibre content, which keeps feeling full for longer and prevents excessive eating. Dates aid in weight loss and abdominal fat reduction along with bloating.
- Ensure glowing skin: Dates are high in vitamins C and D, which promote collagen development and suppleness. These nutrients strengthen the subcutaneous tissues, making the skin softer and smoother. The abundant antioxidants present in dates prevent free radical damage and delay the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. Dates also contain pantothenic acid, which gives the skin a wonderful glow and improves it from within.
- Provide ample nutrition during pregnancy and ease labour: Including dates in the diet during pregnancy might have numerous advantages for both the mother and the child. Dates provide the amino acids and carbohydrates that pregnant women require. Dates are also high in vitamin B16 (folic acid), which lowers the incidence of birth abnormalities. They also support both the mother’s and the child’s immune systems, as well as maintain normal haemoglobin levels. Based on studies the consumption of dates on the stage of pregnancy can ease the labour. In a crucial and pioneering study on the effects of dates during labour, women who consumed dates experienced higher mean cervical dilatation, decreased induction rates, and shorter labour rises than those who did not consume dates.
- Keeps the bones and brain healthy: Dates contain boron, which is one of the minerals that help maintain strong bones. They are high in minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, making them a superfood for preventing painful and immobilising ailments such as osteoporosis as well as strengthening bones. Dates help to protect the brain from the detrimental effects of oxidative stress and inflammation. Certain studies have linked frequent date consumption to a lower risk of brain disorders and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as increased cognitive performance.
- Regulate blood sugar levels reducing the chance of diabetes: Dates have a low Glycaemic Index, which means that they are less likely to cause a blood sugar level spike upon consumption. According to studies, dates can slow down the production of insulin and the pace at which glucose is absorbed from the intestine. They can also assist to lower blood sugar and fat levels which can help reduce the risk of getting diabetes.
Dates are one of the fruits that have a lot to offer for women’s health. They are abundant in nutrients, fibre, and antioxidants, all of which help improve well-being. Although there are several advantages to eating dates while pregnant, it is vital to consult a doctor before doing so. Organic dates can be a delicious and healthy way to boost women’s health when consumed in moderation. If you are seeking a nutrient-rich snack that will satisfy your sweet cravings as well as give you natural calories, then Bateel’s organic dates are the perfect choice.